I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for summer. Maybe not the hot, sticky part, but certainly the no-alarm-clock or school-schedule aspects. Even though I work at home and for myself, summertime always seems a little more laid back and relaxed. I know summer doesn’t technically start until June 21, but it’s summer here already, especially in my mind. Here are a few things I’m doing to savor the simple pleasures and everyday adventures of summer:
- Compiling a summer reading list.
- Tweaking my weekly schedule to allow for more reading-on-a-chaise and baseball-game-watching time.
- Changing the slipcover on the couch from winter to summer.
- Finding someplace indoors to get a cardio workout. Probably won’t be walking our fitness trail much until October!
- Scheduling a pedicure.
- Checking our hurricane supplies (Tropical Storm Andrea drenched us yesterday).
- Plotting a weekend getaway to the beach with another family.
- Looking for a day game in the Tampa Bay Rays schedule. There’s something so decadent about going to a baseball game in the middle of the week during work hours!