- Clean out guest room closet
- Return library books
- Take dog to vet
- Clean oven
My husband and I recently marked our 22nd anniversary. We usually plan a weekend getaway to celebrate, but have we made any hotel reservations? No. My father-in-law gave us a gift certificate to an excellent local restaurant—have we made reservations there? No.
What is wrong with us? Sure, we’re busy, but not unbelievably so. Why are we procrastinating fun?
- Watch the birds on the bird feeder.
- Cuddle the dog or cat.
- Eat some chocolate.
- Listen to music.
- Walk in the park.
- Browse the books, magazines and DVDs at the library and take some home to enjoy.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Call or email a good friend.
- Soak in a bubble bath by candlelight.
- Look at family photos.
- Work on a hobby—drawing, knitting, cross stitch—whatever we enjoy.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.